Please see our website for application procedures: http://governmentsocialmedia.com/job-openings
Status: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
Pay: Annual salary $42,000
Office location: 245 E. Liberty St., Suite 230, Reno, NV 89501
Supervisor: This position reports to the Creative Services Manager.
About this Position
The Digital Content Specialist is a newly created position for GSM and will serve as our expert advisor on digital strategy and our lead content creator. This position demands strong writing skills and the ability to adapt strategy and style for a variety of brands.
In addition to a strong content creator, we’re looking for a great communicator who is comfortable speaking and training. Your role may involve teaching others in person or via hosting webinars.
As this is not an entry-level position, you must have a background in creating digital content.
You’ll develop a wide variety of content, including social media content and ads, marketing materials, online courses, blogs, video content and more. You need to be a self-starter who thrives working independently, but be equally as comfortable in collaborating and taking direction. This position requires creativity, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and adaptability to changing marketing direction.
This position requires the ability to travel out of state from time-to-time for work. You must be able to travel with us to our annual Government Social Media Conference. #GSMCON2019 event will be in Nashville, TN from March 31-April 4, 2019. We can consider a shorter stay if you are unable to travel for the duration.
You will work on a wide variety of projects in your role. Key responsibilities include:
- Create original written content for websites, email newsletters, social media and print
- Prepare presentations, training materials and webinar content
- Research industry-related topics
- Assist with shooting live & produced video for Facebook Live, Periscope, YouTube, etc.
- Ghostwrite articles and write scripts for video, podcasts, interviews, etc.
- Edit and proofread communications
- Create digital forms and surveys
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assignedYou will be the primary manager of the social media presence for all of our brands, including:
- Responding to comments and direct messages
- Monitoring social media for mentions of our brands
- Creating and posting engaging content
- Developing and publishing digital content for social media ads
- Keeping informed of the latest social media platform changes and techniques
- Writing and editing for web and print
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research, organizational and learning skills
- Social media content writing
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Time-management skills: Self-starter with ability to work independently and adapt todirection.
- Outstanding customer service skills and adaptability
- Great working in teams and collaborative environments
- Excellent computer skills
- Comfortable working via a MacBook
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Google Drive familiarity
- Proficient with email management systems (such as MailChimp, Constant Contact orsimilar)
Bonus Points (Awesome, but not required)
- Familiarity with WordPress, Final Cut Pro, Airtable, and/or Monday.com.
- Video production experience
- Photography skills
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role or job duties
- Government or other public sector experience is a plus, but not required
- Fantastic writing and editing skills
- An impeccable level of customer service when dealing with clients and vendors
- A positive person with a sense of humor!
- Ability to work in our Reno, Nevada office during core business hours
- Ability to travel for work when required.