Does this describe you?
- Obsessed with productivity and efficiency
- Independent, self-driven
- You cringe when someone says they’re doing “good” instead of “well”
- You are an implementer – you do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You love making lists, timelines, schedules, due dates… you like things to be organized
- You are an expert communicator and enjoy managing teams and working with people
- You enjoy a consistent, sometimes intense workload and are able to work on multiple projects at once
- You often don’t consider your work to be “work”
- You've used the phrase "GTS" before and believe you can find any answer if you have access to Google
- You are able to give and receive constructive criticism
- You thrive in a small business culture with little structure and lots of responsibility
- You are passionate about learning and devour podcasts, books, online tutorials, conferences, etc.
If any of this makes your brain buzz, you could be the golden unicorn we have been searching for. (Ok, yes, we are a little obsessed with Asana. Don't judge.) We are looking for an A-player to coordinate our 3-person marketing team consisting of a Marketing Director (head of strategy), a Creative Juicer (head of design and copy) and a Data Automation Ninja (responsible for all things tech). Outside of our core marketing team, we also need coordination of outsourced projects (think: a developer updating our mobile apps or having a high school student come in to assemble marketing materials).
Want to know why our team rocks? We get a kick out of:
- Working remotely (but you could work in the office if you would like)
- Choosing our own working hours and vacation days
- The flexibility to workout in the middle of the day, take a day off to ski, or go to lunch with a friend
- The freedom to bring our own ideas to fruition quickly in a small business environment
- No one standing behind our backs watching us work… a culture of trust and self-management
- Being constantly challenged to solve unique and complex problems
- The opportunity to wear many hats… every day is something different
As Head Unicorn Wrangler, your primary responsibility would be to serve as a liaison between the Marketing Director and the marketing team. The Marketing Director orchestrates and prioritizes the marketing goals between all the businesses. She designs the structure of each campaign and analyzes the data of previous campaigns to make data-driven decisions. The Head Unicorn Wrangler would take charge of implementing each campaign from beginning to end, with the help of the marketing team. Any issues that arise, whether personnel, lack of knowledge or resources, changes in direction, etc. you will be in charge of handling. You are the glue between everyone and will be running the show. You will have the freedom to do what you think is best to reach our goals, whether that is leading meetings, implementing new practices, etc.
Through your coordination of all things marketing, you'll have a clear picture of the marketing strategy as a whole. You'll use this knowledge to create strategic and rad content. As a Content Alchemist, this will include:
- Writing original content and editing content written by others (emails, blog posts, newsletters, etc.)
- Producing print materials such as postcards, handouts, and ads
- Designing landing pages
- Formatting content in MailChimp, WordPress, and on our mobile apps
- Creating the copy and designing the ads for social media campaigns
Are you our unicorn whisperer?
This is a full-time, salaried position. Starting pay depends on what you bring to the table. Hughes Private Capital does not provide traditional benefits, unless you count loving your job as a benefit! Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Jobs@HughesCapital.com. Mention your favorite book when you send in your cover letter. That way I know you really did read through this ridiculously good looking I mean, long, job description.
You can learn more about our various businesses here:
Unicorns aren't real but rockstar team members are. We can't wait to meet you 🙂