To Our Reno Collective Community,
We have made the decision to temporarily close our physical space in order to protect you, our team and the greater community. This is not a snow day. This is not being done out of fear or panic, but rather our civic responsibility to lead by example by staying at home and quarantining in place.
We are following suit after the State of Nevada has closed all K-12 schools, UNR and UNLV have decided to go to online alternatives and the news that we are seeing around the globe.
Details on Closure
The space will be open on Monday 3/16 and Tuesday 3/17 until 6pm if you need to get anything from the office. At this time, we will then be working with our partner, Spruce, to do a final cleaning of the space before it is closed up. If this is going to drastically affect your ability to get your work done, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We will be hosting an online Townhall meeting later this week but if you have any questions or feedback, please email us.
Reno Collective is moving online!
As we all navigate this together, we want to offer you all the support we can for your work/life balance. We are moving some of our programs online and creating some new ones that we know will help all of us work through this situation from home.
The following online events will be available for you to connect with your fellow members, freelancers, remote employees, and entrepreneurs. If you have any other ideas or want to help us lead any of these sessions, please reach out in Slack or email.
We will have a standing Zoom room and Slack channel (#remoteworkparty) available for members to join in on any of these events throughout the day or just to pop in and cowork virtually. If you need help getting on Slack, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be putting together a quick guide if you haven’t used it before.
- Cowork & Coffee Chat – Start the morning greeting other members and sharing coffee/tea/juice/beverage du jour
- Meditation/Mindfulness Sessions – Some breathwork and gratitude for our day
- Work Cycles – 30-minute work cycles to help you focus on the task at hand
- Cotivation – Weekly online version of our accountability/goal-setting program
- Daily Check-in / Coworking Standup – A time to check in daily, share what you worked on and what you hope to work on tomorrow.
- Online Happy Hours – Celebrate some wins from the week with your favorite beverages
- Online Tax Prep Day – For those of you who are still needing to get taxes done, this is your day! It will feel good to have this behind you
We’ll also be sharing other ways to stay connected and stay on top of your work (if that is the goal of the day) in Slack.
Taking Care of Ourselves and Those Around Us
How are you doing? How is your business doing? Do you need anything? Food? Supplies? Would a monitor help you to get work done at home? Please reach out to us if you have any concerns, questions or need assistance.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have ideas or feedback. We’re always available at email@example.com and in Slack.
Rachel, Colin, Sue-Ting, John, and Don