Software Engineer II
November 13, 2017 | By |
Looking for a Software Engineer that takes their job seriously, but not themselves. This is a permanent position with a local company that offers flexibility and a fun and energetic environment. Ideal candidates will have experience in .NET, C#, and SQL.
You can expect to gain insight into every aspect of the the companies business model, departments, and critical business processes, including fleet operations, brokerage, and warehouse management. You will be involved in all major development projects of this dynamic, growing, and challenging Information Technology team. Moreover, you will gain valuable expertise as you grow your career toward a potential Software Engineer III position.
Additional activities include but are not limited to:
- Makes recommendations for business process solutions
- Exercises some judgment with consideration of existing system configuration, business processes, defined policies and procedures to determine appropriate courses of action and solutions.
- Basic technical/development abilities in support of program debugging and troubleshooting, understands self-development activities and seeks increased responsibilities
- With minimal supervision, performs the design and develop well structured, optimized, secure and tested code. Modify, review, test, document and implement new and/or enhanced information systems.
- Gathers information from clients regarding business problems. Analyzes client information and defines business requirements. Works with clients to prepare system design specifications.
We're looking for that candidate that possesses experience in communication contracts, demonstrated experience in C#.NET development languages and MS SQL data structures and development, B2B experience, and is accustomed to being a contributor to software engineering projects and teams.
Additional desired attributes include:
- Bachelor's degree BSCIS/BSCS/ BSCE or relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Development best practices and development tools.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server), ODBC, and XML.
- Working knowledge of secure socket communications using TCP/IP and SSL.
- Working experience with operating system and Windows API
- Demonstrated experience with Xamarin
- Working knowledge of management systems ranging from warehouse, shipping, and/or fleet operations to human resource and/or financial systems
- Working knowledge of middleware development and/or enterprise service bus structures
- Ability to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy.
- Regularly and efficiently finding, documenting and implementing solutions and using your problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, management, customers and suppliers.
- Willingness to go "above and beyond" in the spirit of supporting the customers.
- Desire and commitment to delight customers, above and beyond the call of duty
- Ability to empathize with the customer in situations yet work toward logical business solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail
If you are the kind of software engineer who thrives on challenge, demands the best from yourself, and likes to have fun with your teammates, then we want you on our team.