Marketing Project Coordinator
April 25, 2018 | By |
Does this describe you?
- Independent, self-driven
- Passionate about productivity and efficiency
- Comfortable working in the digital realm – Google is your friend
- You are an implementer – you do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You love making lists, timelines, schedules, due dates… you like things to be organized
- You are an expert communicator and enjoy managing teams and working with people
- You cringe when someone says they’re doing “good” instead of “well”
- You enjoy a consistent, sometimes intense workload and are able to work on multiple projects at once
- You often don’t consider your work to be “work”
- You are able to give or receive constructive criticism without exercising Martial law or getting bent out of shape
- You believe that structure and flexibility both have an important role in the professional environment
- You thrive in a small business culture where everyone works independently as well as together as a team
- You are a lifelong learner and are dedicated to professional development through activities like reading, educational workshops, watching online tutorials, attending marketing or mastermind groups, etc.
We are a small but rapidly growing private investment company that also owns and runs a few different operating businesses. We are looking for a qualified, experienced individual to coordinate our 4-person marketing team consisting of a Marketing Director, a Creative Director (head of design and copy), a Content Strategist, and a Technical Marketer. We also have a part-time IT person who helps with large web development projects. We have crafted a well-functioning team in which each member complements the strengths of the other team members. We are seeking a Project Coordinator to help us better scale our output, preventing unnecessary bottlenecks. We’re excited to welcome one more exceptional team member who will contribute a valuable new set of marketing and coordination skills.
The Project Coordinator works very closely with the Marketing Director (MD), who strategizes and establishes short- and long-term goals and campaigns with the CEO and COO. Once the MD shares the campaign parameters and objectives with the Project Coordinator, the PC then liaises with the rest of the marketing department and continues to do so throughout the duration of the campaign or project. The Project Coordinator ensures proper execution of all aspects of the campaign by coordinating and monitoring production quality and timelines. The project coordination aspect of this position will not be a full-time job, so the Project Coordinator will also be able to work IN the marketing campaigns themselves, assisting wherever assistance is needed, and dependent upon the capabilities of the Project Coordinator.
The main roles of the Project Coordinator are:
- Coordinate and monitor marketing tasks, projects, and campaigns.
- Act as a liaison between the Marketing Director and the rest of the marketing department.
- Map out the timelines and deliverables for each campaign, using our project management software, Asana.
- Ensure that all projects and campaigns are well-executed and that they are completed efficiently and on schedule. If a deadline cannot be met, the Project Coordinator will work with the MD to reassess and reprioritize.
- Negotiate/resolve any team management issues: must be an excellent communicator.
- Support the marketing team with the resources & knowledge needed for successful campaign execution and implementation.
- Assume a quality assurance role: make sure all collateral is correct and up-to-date.
- Offer final approval on any project, campaign, and/or collateral, as determined by the MD.
- Responsible for own tasks within the campaigns. Specific tasks dependent upon capabilities and strengths.
Above and beyond coordinating the team and its projects, the Project Coordinator has a wide breadth of marketing knowledge and is a lifelong student of marketing. This knowledge is crucial for an immediate understanding of the nature of the various media and collateral when communicating with the marketing team.
Beneficial or helpful skills include:
- Writing and editing
- Experience setting up automation (using Zapier, in CRMs, etc.)
- Design skills, including video editing and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign)
- Programming, WordPress, and web development knowledge
- Excel and database management
We are a small, friendly business in South Reno with a very entrepreneurial and fast-paced culture. The marketing team enjoys a flexible schedule, splitting our time between working at the office and working remotely. We are project-driven, so we care more about results than a set schedule. However, the Project Coordinator can expect to be in the office at least to the extent that any other members of the marketing team are in the office, in order to adequately support and guide the team.
Starting pay will depend upon what you can bring to the table, and as a small business, we greatly value each individual employee and what they contribute. We do not provide benefits, unless you count totally loving your job as a benefit!
You can learn more about our various businesses here:
Are you the person we’ve been looking for?
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and any sample work or portfolio to Jobs@HughesCapital.com if you are interested in joining our amazing, dynamic, hard-working, fun-spirited marketing team!